HARDWARE Vs SOFTWARE PROTECTION
From RadarOpus 2.1, both hardware and software license protection become available. At RadarOpus we constantly work to make your life easier, but also to take the right measures in order to guarantee you and your data the maximum level of protection. Software protection comes into RadarOpus with version 2.1 to answer the needs of the busy Homeopath who wants the freedom of working without a physical dongle. We are moving towards an I.T. era where Bluetooth and wireless become the preferred choice over cables and USB dongles. As a result we are giving you more choice, more power, and more freedom to choose how you want to run your Homeopathic Practice! Below you will find a simple guide, showing the main differences between a physical Dongle and a “keyless” protection.
For more information, please contact us at +91-9312402065 or +91-8800872755.
1. Moving your license
- You can move the hardware key (“dongle”) on any computer that has a RadarOpus installed. So your license is carried in the dongle
- Software protection is “locked” in the computer where you install it. So your license is specific to your device.
- With RadarOpus 2.1 you cannot move your software license.
- With RadarOpus 3.2 you can “move/lift” your software license from your PC/Mac and “place” it on a new device. This procedure can be done by visiting an external web portal. This feature can only be used a limited number of times. More information will become available with the release of RadarOpus 3.2.
2. Losing your license
- If you lose or break your dongle, it is expensive to replace. (It is expensive because it is not a simple USB. It contains state-of-the-art Germa
- If you lose or break your PC/Mac, software protection is cheaper to replace than the dongle (because there is no shipping and no physical production of a dongle, but the encryption and safety level is the same)
3. Multiple Devices
- Those who use RadarOpus on multiple devices (e.g. in Hospital, at home and on the travelling laptop) because they can move the dongle onto any computer that has a RadarOpus installed.
- Those who use RadarOpus on just one computer
- Those who do not wish to keep a USB port constantly used by a dongle
- Those with computers that no longer have standard USB ports
4. Dongle Vs Software Protection Malfunctions
- The Dongle may break with heavy use, misuse/heavy knocks, water and similar actions that would damage any electronic device. It is a physical product after all and may deteriorate over time (as any USB, computer, hard drive etc.)
- The Dongle needs regular firmware updates
- – The dongle remains a small physical device that can be stolen, lost, broken etc.
- If you make physical changes to your computer (e.g. change a graphics card), it will not affect your dongle.
- Software protection cannot “break”, it is stored in your computer (so you will lose your license if your computer breaks in a way that you can no longer access the Hard Drive and its data. If your computer is lost or stolen, you will need to send your dealer an official police report and buy a new software license, because the old one will be blocked in your lost computer and cannot be recuperated. In order for you to keep your software license and place it on a different computer, you must be able to “lift” it from your old computer, via the dedicated web portal available from RadarOpus 3.2).
- Software protection may “stop working” if you make physical changes to your computer (e.g. change a graphics card). ATTENTION: If you need to make physical changes to your computer, it is best for you to “lift” your license from your computer BEFORE you change anything. Once changes have been made, you can “put your license back” onto your computer. To do this you need to access an external web portal (available from RadarOpus 3.2).
5. Buying, installing and replacing
- If you buy a new RadarOpus with a hardware dongle, you will need to wait for the physical dongle to be shipped to you, and may need to pay custom taxes if your local customs authorities require it. – If you need a dongle replacement you need to wait for the device to be shipped to you.
- If you buy a new RadarOpus with software protection, you don’t need to wait, nor pay for shipping! You simply download the full installer from www.radaropus.com and then insert the activation code sent to you by email to activate your software license and start RadarOpus.
- You cannot “lose” software protection (unless you lose your computer). If you need a new software protection key, there are no added shipping costs or time delays. You can receive a new activation by email!
The dongle has the same level of security and encryption as the software protection, so you can be sure that your data is super safe with both! Remember that both software and dongle protection are provided by Wibu, a leading software protection company from Germany. Everything is hand-made and tailored specifically for your RadarOpus, with one of the highest levels of encryption in the world!
7. Extra Features
- The Dongle has less features than software protection (e.g. with the dongle you may not be able to receive future free trials of specific books or software tools).
- Software protection has more features than the dongle (e.g. in the future you will be able to receive free trials of specific books or software tools that can only be activated with software protection).
Wibu (USB) Key (Only with new Software)
From RadarOpus 2.1, both hardware and software license protection become available. At RadarOpus we constantly work to make your life easier, but also to take the right measures in order to guarantee you and your data the maximum level of protection. For More Info, Click Here